Obama Dangerous Thinking He is Smarter Than He Is

Dec

By Charles Biderman

The most dangerous leader is one who thinks he is smarter than he actually is. To me, that is why Barack Obama is the most dangerous US president in recent times. He has accomplished little since he became President, other than adding another layer of bureaucracy to healthcare. Has even one member ever extolled Obama as a president who can get anything done? Or is his presidency more characterized by blaming others for his problems? Final point, he gave away billions in start up money to help supposedly cutting edge technology companies that failed virtually immediately after.

In other words, he is not as smart as he thinks he is.

Since my days as a Barron’s Financial Weekly associate editor in the early 1970′s, I probably have interviewed over 200 top dogs at public companies as to whether or not to invest either long or short in those companies.

My biggest take away from that experience is that a company, government, sports franchise, whatever, is only as good as the top dog. And unfortunately most bosses hire underlings with lower IQs than their own. One of the rare exceptions was Ronald Reagan. No secret he wasn’t a rocket scientist, but he knew how to hire not only the brightest, but the best of the brightest. At least that is my opinion.

Another exception was my roommate when I started at Barron’s, the late Jim Gantsoudes. Jim’s great success at First Boston and then Morgan Stanley was due to successfully hiring above his IQ.

As I said at the start, in my experience, the worst managers are those who are not as smart as they think they are. Sooner or later, unless replaced in time, they will lead their respective companies, governments or sports franchises to ruin. The best managers are those who know their own capabilities and are honest about it with themselves and their staff.

Barack Obama is the top dog in the US government. If the US government is only as good as the top dog, it is important to look at Obama, the person, in order to understand how good he is as top dog. And yes, everything I say is extremely subjective, or said simpler, just my opinion.

So when I look at Obama, the person, what I see is someone who wants to take care of all us and particularly to provide to those who really are needy. To me, that fits with the dreams and desires of someone who never had a dad. Obama’s parents split when he was an infant. The young Barack Obama must have desperately missed having a loving dad. Therefore, by extension a caring Barack would want to provide what dads provide to the rest of us.

In my own case, I regret that because I grew up on the streets of Brooklyn I never had the opportunity to play organized sports. Therefore, to compensate, I provided my two boys all the sports opportunities I possibly could. Similarly, Obama never having had a dad, wants to be the US paterfamilias and be the dad he never had for all of us.

There is nothing wrong with someone committed to making a difference to those in need. There is something wrong, when the top dog is so committed to being a care giver that it becomes more important to him than creating enough of a financial surplus to pay for the care.

My takeaway from examining how Obama is running things is that he does not understand that providing for those in need can only come after establishing policies that support the creation of a growing a financial surplus. It is only after putting the US economy on a strong financial footing, will the government, or some other entity, will be in the financial position to provide for those not capable of being self sufficient for whatever reason.

Unless Obama recognizes his own ignorance or is forced to by Congress, the US government will be bankrupt before his administration expires.

Tags:

14 Responses to Obama Dangerous Thinking He is Smarter Than He Is

1. George on December 11, 2012 at 3:27 am

Your first premise is wrong. He and his socialst party could care less about caring for people. They want to use my money to create a nanny state to increase their wealth and power.

2. Paul Zink on December 11, 2012 at 3:36 am

At least Obama is smart enough not to misspell the word “than” — twice in a row.

• Puggy The Great on December 12, 2012 at 6:25 am

Yes Obama is such a brainiac he celebrates with bbq canine on a stick, after each golfing venture. He is the absolute worst President, that America will ever have, in our existence. When you hire someone that has never accomplished anything, what do you expect… I hate to burst the fawning Obama bubble. But being elected is NOT an accomplishment.. However, making AMERICA , stronger, more prosperous, safer and generally better life for the people you represent, THAT is an accomplishment. Dems are giddy that a Black man was elected president. Big frigging deal. How about a competent Black man. Someone that can make America a better place, and not create the sewer that is now the good old USA. Obey The Pug !

• cathy on December 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm

It is outright rude to insult someone for a few spelling errors. Your smug superiority is repulsive. I might add that you have absolutely no idea whether OBummer can spell or not.

I find it hard to believe that spelling ability is in any way correlated with intelligence or ability in other aspects of life. The mindless fixation on spelling as an indicator of intelligence is the result of the cancer of gov’t schooling metastasizing into other areas of our society. Surely any trained monkey can learn to spell. The fact is that many of us just don’t care and put our efforts into things we deem more important. It appears that you find supporting a mendacious, murderous, elected dictator important. I find that pathetic at best and evil as worst.

• Ed on December 13, 2012 at 12:57 am

I am pleased to see “repulsive” used by you … I used it in third Comment below yours, in sentence
        “Your collective brainwashability is repulsive.”
        Good company!

3. AndyB on December 11, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I realize everyone has an opinion about our President, and that opinion can be either good, bad, or indifferent.

However, my opinion is Barack Hussein Obama will undoubtedly go down in history as being the worst President of the US, and the first US President responsible for the bankruptcy of the current financially insovent USA. Of course he will have many to blame other than himself.

God Help Us!

Warmest Regards

AndyB

4. Alan on December 11, 2012 at 1:20 pm

He seems to fit the “crazy like a fox” model. The system will be crushed by the weight of itself.

We will be brought down a few notches as I have heard him say.

Then he will pat himself on the back and say … “I unbuilt that”

Alan

5. Ed on December 11, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Fellow citizens, these track records are yours.

“The People Are Severely Fooled”

“Home Prices & the Dow, each Inflation-Adjusted. A recent Dow day.”

Your collective brainwashability is repulsive.

Do you know folks who had kids to have somebody to sell high to?

6. Tom Sullivan on December 11, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Obama is a socialist, as are the vast majority of professional Democrats. Half of rank and file Democrats think socialism is just fine (Gallup).

It does not matter one bit how high your IQ is if all your economic assumptions are backwards, as is the case with all socialists.

Obama is dedicated to socialism, not to the US or the constitution. Like the Europeans, he will sacrifice anything and everything to try to save socialism. Europe has clearly destroyed their financial future. The Democrats have the US firmly on the path to financial ruin, with no sign of reform.

7. Dennis King on December 11, 2012 at 10:45 pm

You described compensatory neurotic mechanisms as motivations of his behavior and attitudes. However, in my view these motivations are admixed with his narcissistic character, such that the ‘noble’ purpose you describe (meeting the unmet dependency needs of the less fortunate) have the more selfish purpose of propping up his grandiosity and as a vehicle of his self aggrandizement while he basks in the reflected worship of his subjects and revengefully humiliates those who do not mirror his infantile omnipotence.

8. Chris on December 12, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Nobody can be that economically incomptent. If he were there would be more competent people convincing him to act otherwise. I can only conclude that everything is going according to their (he and those he surrounds himself with)plan…..wipe out the private sector so that the govt can control everything.

9. Rob CA on December 12, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Main point of the presentation is to watch for the people leaders surround themselves with. Politics is one thing and sound planning and administration is another.

• Ed_B on December 13, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I agree, Rob. Having worked in the chemical business for 30+ years, I can truthfully say that there are three types of horses there. First are the show horses. To them, looking good is just as good as actually being good, although everyone else knows better. Then, there are the work horses. These are the folks who make a company what it is, who get it done on time and at or under budget, year in and year out. Finally, there are the horses asses who cause more problems than they ever solve yet seem to have ways of retaining their positions. This is common in much of business and industry and now, regrettably in government as well. IMO, BHO is about an even mixture of horse type 1 and 3.

The most successful top execs were usually a mixture of these, with their predominant character supplied by working hard and choosing other execs who also know what hard work is and how to coax it from those who report to them.

No one ever expects a high or top exec to move into a new company and immediately improve that business or organization, unless they have had considerable experience AND success at another similar but perhaps smaller company or organization.

This is why presidents need to have a variety of experiences and a demonstrated history of success. Unfortunately for the USA, BHO has none of these. Allow me to suggest that being president of the USA is a terribly difficult job that holds the lives, health, and safety of over 300 million people in his or her hands. This is not a position wherein feel-good On The Job Training should be done. A president should have great capability when he arrives for his 1st day of work. He should select a team of the best and brightest he can find to assist him or her. He or she should not be hiring political friends or hacks who love ideology more than they love their country. Looking at the avowed and unrepentant socialists, communists, and Marxists that BHO has put or tried to put in government positions is sickening. Must be that “birds of a feather” thing.

IMHO, BHO does not have a clue as to how to be an effective leader and representative of this great nation. Other than spend WAY more money than we have, exactly what has the great BHO experiment accomplished? Nothing. He reminds me of a 4 year old kid struggling to walk in his dad’s boots.

10. test on March 15, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Hey this can be somewhat of off subject but My partner and i was wondering if sites use WYSIWYG authors or if you should manually program code with HTML. I’m starting off a blog site soon but have zero coding experience i really wanted to get guidance coming from someone with experience. Any help can be greatly appreciated!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Charles BidermanCharles Biderman is the Chairman of TrimTabs Investment Research and Portfolio Manager of the TrimTabs Float Shrink ETF (TTFS)

Biderman’s Practices of Success

I recently launched a new online course, Biderman's Practices of Success, on Curious.com (curious.com/charlesbiderman). The key to the practice of success is to be fully present in the moment and to be totally engaged in the important areas of life, particularly when we do not want to be. Read More.

Mr. Charles Biderman is an associated person of Trim Tabs Asset Management, LLC, an SEC-registered investment adviser. All opinions expressed by Mr. Biderman on this website are solely those of Mr. Biderman and do not reflect the opinions of Trim Tabs Asset Management, LLC, Trim Tabs Investment Research, Inc., their affiliates (collectively, “Trim Tabs”), or any other associated persons of Trim Tabs. No part of Mr. Biderman’s compensation from Trim Tabs is related to opinions which he expresses on this website, elsewhere on the internet, or in any other medium.

You should not treat any opinion expressed by Mr. Biderman as a recommendation to make an investment in any company discussed or cited in any of his postings. Mr. Biderman’s opinions are based upon information he considers credible, but which does not constitute research by Trim Tabs. Neither Mr. Biderman nor Trim Tabs warrants the completeness or accuracy of the information upon which Mr. Biderman’s opinions are based.